Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REAL ESTATE PROPERTY TAXES

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: REAL ESTATE PROPERTY TAXES

Your social security number is not a secret from the government.  There are ways for them to identify you for legitimate purposes.  I don't know how hard they try in these circumstances.

Liens are the worst thing to have on your credit report. 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

We will need to do some transactions in the fall and I cannot risk my FICO scores declining.  So, I convinced my mom to go ahead and pay the property taxes for 2008.  Being that the Miami-Dade County taxes are billed in arrears, it is in my best interest to have my name taken off the deed as soon as possible so that I have only a limited liability for 2009. 

Everyone's input here has been helpful in some way, shape or form.  I really appreciate all the responses.  Thank you

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry,

But this will hit your credit report also. I had it happen to me twice. Even if your mortgage company pays them late also.

so you need to call them and make some type of arrangements.

Message 13 of 15
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Kitten - Welcome to the forums. In case you didn't notice this thread is from February of 2009 and the original posters concerns are probably long gone. But thanks for sharing your experience to help the rest of us and we look forward to your continued participation.

If you are new to credit scoring or repair education these forums are invaluable for their advice and knowledge. If you are already well versed your contributions will be appreciated. And questions of any type are encouraged.Smiley Wink

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 15
musakluv

Transfer the deed to someone else aka give it away before the forclosure. You can sale the property for $1 and then the other party would be responsible for the taxes and can make arrangements. The taxes should be low on unimproved land in Bexar Cty, TX. What city is it in?  I am sure you can find someone who wants it. Just ask around before the auction. Hurry because the next one is on April 3rd.

Starting Score: 743
Current Score: 766
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.