Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJM Acquisitions letter.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RJM Acquisitions letter.....

My wife received a letter from RJM Acquisitions about a week ago stating she owed $150 to some Book Club she was never a member of. The date of the account was 5/2001 and RJM claims they purchased the account in 11/2005. This was the first letter we have gotten and when my wife checked her credit report that same day they had already been put on as a collection. She entered a dispute with TU which was the only CRA at the time that showed it. She received a letter today from RJM basically stating they received the Consumer Dispute Verification from TU and says they have investigated and responded to TU. It really doesn't say much else except for the fact TU made them change the opening date from 5/01 to 11/05. Just seeking advice on what to do next as I'm assuming the problem is not solved. I'm thinking maybe a DV letter? I just don't get how they can hit your credit before contacting you about it. My guess is this thing might drop off in May since that would be 7 years from the account opening date but now they are saying the date was changed to 2005....aahhhh!! Thanks for any help!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RJM Acquisitions letter.....

send a DV letter  CMRRR   do not take any B/S from them........keep both letters & hard copies of CR.

They are already in violation.  They must give you 30 days to respond to the first letter before reporting.

DO NOT SIGN the DV  do not talk to them if the call and NEVER give any info to any CA!!!

Very important....when the CRAs tell you it was verified   do not wait  MOV the CRA

Some people do not know how important the MOV is....you must have done it before you can file a lawsuit  if you wanted to.

MOV  goes CMRRR!!!!!!

Along with DV    send this letter also....it is letting them know that it is past SOL and if they have any sense they will also know that they are past CRTP   even if it was yours   make changes needed

Your Name
Your Address
Collector's Name
Collector's Address
RE: [insert account number or name of account or name of debt]:
Dear [insert collector's name or company name],
This letter is in response to your [letter dated xx-xx-2005] (copy enclosed) or [phone call on xx-xx-2005], concerning the collection of the above referenced [account or date].
I do not believe I owe what you say I owe therefore I dispute this debt. I am well aware of my rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and my state laws so I hope to save both of us a great deal of time by letting you know that not only do I dispute the validity of this debt, I have also checked with my State Attorney General and verified that the Statute of Limitations for enforcing this type of debt through the courts in (insert your state or the state in which the contract was signed) has expired. Therefore, should you decide to pursue this matter in court I intend to inform the court of my dispute of this debt and that the "statute of limitations" has expired.
This letter is your formal notification that I consider this matter closed and demand that you, or anyone affiliated with your company, stop contacting me regarding this or any other matter except to advise me that your debt collection efforts are being terminated or that you or the creditor are taking specific actions allowed by the FDCPA or my state laws.
Be advised that I consider any contact not in accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act a serious violation of the law and will immediately report any violations to my State Attorney General, to the Federal Trade Commission and, if necessary, take whatever legal action is necessary to protect myself. Be advised that I tape record all phone calls and violations of the FDCPA can result in you or your company being personally fined up to $1,000 per incident.

Printed Name

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-14-2008 05:51 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-14-2008 05:51 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for info! I just spoke to my wife and she actually already sent out a letter to them yesterday CMRRR. I was impressed! I do have a question though, what does MOV stand for???
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flic wrote:
Thanks for info! I just spoke to my wife and she actually already sent out a letter to them yesterday CMRRR. I was impressed! I do have a question though, what does MOV stand for???

Method of Verification

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.