cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random collection on my report today....

tag
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: Random collection on my report today....

I had opted out in 2008 and everything was good until I pulled my report on 11/17/2011

There was a hard inquiry there from an American credco since I had never done

Business with these people I send a no PP letter and they wrote me back and said

That they had bought my information from EQ,  I thought that after we opted out they

Weren't supposed to sell our info anymore? Any ideas on what happened?

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 11 of 15
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Did you apply for some sort of credit that would trigger the inquiry? An opt-out will not stop a pull for credit you apply for. For what it's worth Credco shows up on my report for mortgage preapproval and final report before issue. Don't know what else they may be involved in. Be aware that sometimes credit is pulled when we think we are "just asking questions" of a particular lender, such as mortgage or auto financing.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 15
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

Did you apply for some sort of credit that would trigger the inquiry? An opt-out will not stop a pull for credit you apply for. For what it's worth Credco shows up on my report for mortgage preapproval and final report before issue. Don't know what else they may be involved in. Be aware that sometimes credit is pulled when we think we are "just asking questions" of a particular lender, such as mortgage or auto financing.

I haven't applied for a home or auto loan the only things I have applied for is

a couple of secured cards and that's it, that's why the credco threw me off

Message 13 of 15
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

If the date of the inquiry matches up or is close to the secured card application that could be it. I didn't mean to imply they only handled mortgage and auto. That was just my experience. Who did you apply with for the secured credit cards. Perhaps another member has experience with the creditors you applied with.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 15
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

I applied with Cap 1 and US Bank

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.