Regular Contributor
SoulSmilen

Re: Rapid Repayment of Installments...

Let's just confuse matters here...

I just lost my oldest tradeline by stupidly disputing the balance @ TU. It was an installment loan that's not even 2 years old. Balance right at 5000. My DTI even with that payment was under 10%, so I didn't figure it was affecting my score that much. Never a late on it, just a good ole' slow paying loan.

I FREAKED when TU sent me the dispute status and said they deleted the TL. I literally went into a panic because I'm about to close on a house in 2 weeks and although my scores are fine, it's just that sinking feeling that "OH NO, NOT NOW!!"

I called TU and griped at them for a while, not quite going ballistic, but close. Got off the phone, realized there was nothing I could do and worked the rest of the day in a foul mood.

I get home, cringing as I logon to TC to update my report and see the effects losing that TL have on my score. I closed my eyes as I clicked the "I agree" and submitted it....

The result? TU FAKO raised almost 50 points. HUH???? For a measly 5K and the account that left the rest of my TLs with an average age of 5 months????? Color me confused, I assure you.

So I'm sitting here trying to decide is I want to spend another 13 something to get my TU FICO because I had JUST updated that score the day before.. lol  I figure what the heck, that will give me the real damage and go for it.

FICO TU? It also rose - only 30 points, but still a considerable increase.

So go figure.. I'm breathing better, but still royally baffled. I believe TU's scoring model scores installments differently than the other 2 CRAs, but c'mon, that's pretty drastic.

I feel it necessary to say... YMMV   :smileyhappy:
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Noah_Bodie wrote:

fused111 wrote:
bump

Post prostitute.

??
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

fused111 wrote:

Noah_Bodie wrote:

fused111 wrote:
bump

Post prostitute.

??

Post wh*re. A pejorative applied to those ...
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Moderator Emeritus
fused

Noah_Bodie wrote:
... of bumping up their post count. :smileywink:

Your weird!:smileysurprised: I did it once in this thread because I wanted others to see the hilarious picture in one of Tuscani's earlier posts. I noticed it was falling fast towards the bottom of the page. 
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

My chants to Allah do not appear to be working.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

fused111 wrote:

Noah_Bodie wrote:
... of bumping up their post count. :smileywink:

Your weird!:smileysurprised: I did it once in this thread because I wanted others to see the hilarious picture in one of Tuscani's earlier posts. I noticed it was falling fast towards the bottom of the page. 

Umm, it was a joke.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+