Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Judgement removed from credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A judgement was removed from my credit report since the company went out of business. However, the judgement is still at clerk's office and active. I'm in the process of getting a pre-approval for a mortgage. Do I need to take care of the judgement? I don't know who owns it now. It's going to be seven years this October. Thank you so much. Also, I don't think I was properly served. I live in TX. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

A judgement was removed from my credit report since the company went out of business. However, the judgement is still at clerk's office and active. I'm in the process of getting a pre-approval for a mortgage. Do I need to take care of the judgement? I don't know who owns it now. It's going to be seven years this October. Thank you so much. Also, I don't think I was properly served. I live in TX. 

Of the mortgage company finds out about it you may have to do something to settle it. I would be contacting the court to try and find info regarding who owns it and since you say you dont think you were served properly I would be finding out about filing a motion to vacate on grounds of improper service.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.