Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaged Accounts Upon Dispute

tag
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Reaged Accounts Upon Dispute

Bank of America has double listing for 4 accounts that they are reporting as charged off, bringing the total to 8 accounts and 8 charge-offs.  Note that the account numbers are repeated for 3 sets of duplicates, but for the last record they don't include the account number at all! 

The duplicates are only present on EX and TU, not EQ.  I'm afraid to dispute because BoA has a reputiation for reaging accounts on dispute--is that correct?  Is there any defense against companies reaging the accounts?  I really want to have the duplicate records removed, but dealing with BoA customer reps isn't the easiest thing to do; they get so caught up in talking about not being able to delete records that they ignore anything you're saying.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Reaged Accounts Upon Dispute

I am in the process of getting an attorney due to a reage.  It is illegal and most of the CAs do not know we, the consumer, know this.  Not only did they reage, I DV'd them, they did not respond, I disputed and it was verified. 
Message 2 of 5
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Anyone?
Message 3 of 5
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They can't re-age. The drop off date on EX and TU original reports will remain the same if you dispute. I've gotta say, though, that's messed up. Is there a large score diference between EQ and the others?

They may update though. They might add a CO listing to each account and show a new date somewhere on the CR, but that isn't re-aging. You could always try one set and wait for the results to come back and proceed with the next and so forth.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.