Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real credit simulator???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Real credit simulator???

Years ago Cap 1 had a simulator that was specific to you.  You were able to click each item on your own report and see what would happen if you paid it down or off.  They no longer offer the service.  Does anyone know anyone that does?  What myfico offers is not the personalized simulator I'm looking for.... Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Real credit simulator???

You are not likely to see a simulator available from any party who actually produces scores used by creditors that goes into the level of detail you seek.

Scores that are purchased by others are kept and protected as trade secrets, and detailed simulators would permit easy reverse-engineering of their trade secret, with resulting loss of its proprietary value.

Message 2 of 5
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

The closest thing I've seen to what you're asking for is the credit simulator that PrivacyGuard uses, but their scores are FAKO's.  FYI.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure of a good one, I've played around with the Capital One credit simulator before and it didn't seem like it was accurate at all...let us know if you find a good one tho!

Message 4 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I've played around with the simulator at Credit Karma, add a mortgage, add a car loan, and my FAKO 698 score moved only 1 or 2 points, and I find it hard to believe such a change would have such a minor impact on my score. But then my FAKO score has been stuck at 698 since creating the account last August and even a new Cap One QS w/$10k CL and <8% utilization didn't budge my score - so maybe it's there FAKO score that's the problem. Walmart's FICO score moved from 667 to 709 when that Cap One started reporting.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.