Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Frustrated & Angry at CRA's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really Frustrated & Angry at CRA's

'Sup Folks Smiley Happy

I'm new to these boards but not to CRAs, CAs and the processes involved with trying to keep my FICO scores on the level. Currently my FICO scores are 748TU, 808EQ, and 763EX and I'm very serious and aggressive about keeping them as high as I can. Thanks to all of you for your helpful info especially you Tuscani. I have a few questions for anyone that can help - the following is only one of three examples of a problem that I'm having lately:

Back in March of '07 I registered with TrueCredit and got copies of my CRs from all three CRAs. When I logged on,  I noticed a derogatory tradeline from a CA that had been reported in 2004, and as of March 2007 had only appeared on my TU CR. The hard copy CRs confirmed this - TU was the only CRA showing this negative tradeline. I contacted the CA and was able to resolve the issue the same day, securing a full deletion agreement in writing. Letter in hand, I disputed the tradeline with TU online and followed up by certified mail. The negative tradeline was deleted very quickly (The process took about 9 business days which was shocker!) with both TrueCredit and TU reflecting the change online and via updated harcopy report.

Today, 122 days after this tradeline was deleted from TU, EX has started reporting this account as new, open and current and dropped my EX FAKO score 100 points (I'm sure my FICO will follow if I don't deal with this very quickly). I contacted the CA and they insisted that they had no idea what could have happened and verified the account as closed, and told their electronic tape was updated the day after they issued their deletion letter to me (I believe them because TU did in fact delete their tradeline). The CA agreed to look into the matter and pledged to have it taken care of by the close of business today - they have since called me back an indicated that Experian is the culpritSmiley Wink. I started the dispute process with EX online but am really angry that they could take up to 90 days to pull their heads out their you-know-whats and make this right. What's worse is that this is happening right in the middle of my house re-fi! Smiley Sad

Here are my questions:

1 - How and why is EXPERIAN, who  never reported this negative tradeline when it was active, able to start reporting this tradeline 122 days after the account is closed, disputed and deleted from another CRA? Smiley Mad

2 - How do I prevent this from happening or at least expedite a resolution?

3 - Has this happened to anyone else?

4 - Is anyone aware of any recourse that may be available to me? This is the 3rd time I've dealt with this since March - and not with the same CA or CRA! It's definitely something that all of the CRAs are doing/experiencing because I've dealt all 3 of them on this issue in the last few months.

By the way, when I disputed with TU to correct my name, my score immediately dropped 29 points, and it never went back up. What's up with that? 

Message Edited by Lowlife on 07-05-2007 02:08 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really Frustrated & Angry at CRA's

This is a game that the CRAs and CAs, more specifically JDBs, like to play. Could be a really old debt beyond the CRTP. Could be a debt they cannot validate and have no proof of it as even belonging to you. Might not even be yours.

Anytime you get a call, letter or entry on your CRs for something from a CA that you don't recognize, or is too old to report, DV it.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=4328

Just keep monitoring with TC. If it shows up again under a new CA, DV it. If the same CA doesn't FOAD, then they are in violation.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really Frustrated & Angry at CRA's

Thanx a bunch Noah - I really appreciate the help!
Today I updated my CRs online around 9AM at TrueCredit's website and the negative tradeline is gone. If it or any other strange things pop up on my CRs I'll follow your advice. Here's an interesting twist I'd like to share. I know that the CRAs share information - even when they say they don't.

I just logged on to Experian's website (9:03PM) to have a look my CR - I wanted to see if there would be any differences on this tradeline from what was being shown at TrueCredit. Here's what I found: 

First of all - my CR on Experian's web site still has the negative tradeline - even though Truecredit already deleted it. 
On the Experian website my CR shows no account Number, no amount owed, no name of the original creditor and no date opened for this tradeline.  The status of the account says "Collections" and call to Experian's automated service indicates that this item is "still under investigation" and the results aren't due until "August 3, 2007".

TrueCredit (read "Transunion") on the other hand, had essentially "filled in the blanks" on behalf of Experian! TrueCredit provided the account number, amount owed, the original creditor and they wrongly indicated the status as PAID.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.