Did you mean: 

Really complicated matter with my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really complicated matter with my credit

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Btw I had recently been trying to save money up but well that ended up getting squashed.

And ^^^^This is what the people here have been trying to tell you. If this happens when trying to save up what are you going to do when it happens and the car payment, insurance, etc is due.
You are afraid to be seen on a bike yet you have no problem being seen in a car or when you get out of the car.
Your FIRST Priority is to deal with the agoaphobia and you anxiety. Until you do that everything you try to do to get out of the house will fail and attempting to get a car at this point will ruin your for years to come.
You waited this long, get your priorities straight, fix what needs fixing, then progress to the next priority...

The difference between those two things is saving money over the long stretch is different than paying everything at the first of the month. It was my mother that had spent the money but I really don't want to talk about that situation here as it's too personal. I was waiting on her to take me to a dealership with that money for a potential downpayment on a pre-owned. And I was close to going through with bhph in November but thank goodness there was an obstacle(of course I had thought dealers are not open Sunday but went to a motel out of town on Sat night anyway at her request).

Message 51 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

In your situation with the little income you have you absolutely should not ever borrow money. It will take too big a bite out of your monthly income.

You should save up the entire purchase price of the car and buy it when you can pay cash in full with no loan.

It will take you longer t but that will ensure that you a remain solvent.
Message 52 of 72
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Btw I had recently been trying to save money up but well that ended up getting squashed.

And ^^^^This is what the people here have been trying to tell you. If this happens when trying to save up what are you going to do when it happens and the car payment, insurance, etc is due.
You are afraid to be seen on a bike yet you have no problem being seen in a car or when you get out of the car.
Your FIRST Priority is to deal with the agoaphobia and you anxiety. Until you do that everything you try to do to get out of the house will fail and attempting to get a car at this point will ruin your for years to come.
You waited this long, get your priorities straight, fix what needs fixing, then progress to the next priority...

The difference between those two things is saving money over the long stretch is different than paying everything at the first of the month. It was my mother that had spent the money but I really don't want to talk about that situation here as it's too personal. I was waiting on her to take me to a dealership with that money for a potential downpayment on a pre-owned. And I was close to going through with bhph in November but thank goodness there was an obstacle(of course I had thought dealers are not open Sunday but went to a motel out of town on Sat night anyway at her request).

I dont believe anyone has said this but, you need to get quotes for car insurance. Many people have mentioned insurance but you MUST get quotes. 

1. You dont have enough income for a new car. Stop thinking about it. 

2. Realize that, even if somehow you did get a new car, the insurance on a car worth more than ~10K for a new inexperinced driver would probably be $200+ a month. Credit is also a factor and it looks like it would hurt your rates. 

3. Again, im not kidding about the insurance you WILL be required by law to have full coverage and being a new driver youll get nearly the same rates as the average 16 year old high schooler. 

I have a 2015 Jetta Sport (mid tier model) and a 1998 5.0 ford explorer. Want to guess which one cost less to insure? The explorer($327 per 6 months) of course and it cost me only $1000 to buy. 

The Jetta is costing me $1050 per 6 months to insure. Again, you need to be sure you can even afford the insurance payments. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 53 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont believe anyone has said this but, you need to get quotes for car insurance. Many people have mentioned insurance but you MUST get quotes. 

2. Realize that, even if somehow you did get a new car, the insurance on a car worth more than ~10K for a new inexperinced driver would probably be $200+ a month. Credit is also a factor and it looks like it would hurt your rates. 

3. Again, im not kidding about the insurance you WILL be required by law to have full coverage and being a new driver youll get nearly the same rates as the average 16 year old high schooler. 

I have a 2015 Jetta Sport (mid tier model) and a 1998 5.0 ford explorer. Want to guess which one cost less to insure? The explorer($327 per 6 months) of course and it cost me only $1000 to buy. 

The Jetta is costing me $1050 per 6 months to insure. Again, you need to be sure you can even afford the insurance payments. 

I usually would want to get the car out of the way before thinking of insurance and I live here in SC and I was told insurance here is $118 a month for full coverage. But maybe I should look into that.

Btw is Roadloans easy approval or not? Why am I reading about other people with low income driving off with new cars? My credit score is getting closer to 700. When I get this remaining bill paid up next month on Buckle I believe my Experian will get there. My Transunion is in the 80s and Equifax in 70s.

Message 54 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I usually would want to get the car out of the way before thinking of insurance and I live here in SC and I was told insurance here is $118 a month for full coverage. But maybe I should look into that.

Btw is Roadloans easy approval or not? Why am I reading about other people with low income driving off with new cars? My credit score is getting closer to 700. When I get this remaining bill paid up next month on Buckle I believe my Experian will get there. My Transunion is in the 80s and Equifax in 70s.

It seems you simply want to her this so :

Go ahead and get that new car. As long as you can get a loan it will not be a problem and you will be enjoying your new ride.

Message 55 of 72
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You need to consider total cost of ownership of the car.  Buying the car is just the beginning of the expenses.  You need to insure the car.  You need to fuel the car.  You need to pay for or do maintenance on the car.  You need to be able to replace wear items like tires.

Definitely get quotes for insurance as stated above.  Do not rely on numbers that others provide.  What you will pay depends on a lot of subjective factors and you must get quotes to determine this.

@Anonymous wrote:

Why am I reading about other people with low income driving off with new cars?

What others do or do not does not matter.  You always need to consider your sources.  People make poor decisions all the time.  Just because they do doesn't mean that you have to as well.  You have to make decsions that make sense specifcally for you and we've been trying to tell you for 6 pages now that it does not make sense for you at this point.

Message 56 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems you simply want to her this so :

Go ahead and get that new car. As long as you can get a loan it will not be a problem and you will be enjoying your new ride.

I did not say I wanted a new car. But if those loan places work with all incomes or not.

I am actually considering getting something like 6- 7k and getting a older used car and trading it in and continuing the process until I'm able to get a better one. I have got to get a car to be able to get 30 minutes to a city where I can start my training. And if I did get a new car I WILL make the payments because under the TTW I have to make 810 a month at least working and no job for the most part pays 810 a month these days it's higher around $1100- $1200 plus my income which probably I get $1500 roughly.

And how long would I need to work with the required income before qualifying for financing from a big dealership? I know I had a foot in the door at a Honda place last year and a KIA place this year. So maybe those two places don't have a waiting limit. Also, KIA never ran my credit and I never had to say how much I made in a year just a month.

The idea of telling me to save up to $2500 for a beater. I got news, that will never happen. That will take a looong time if it's not spent. And if I got a job what would be the point of buying a beater then?

Message 57 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Btw some of my plans got screwed up. You live with an almost 80 year old grandmother and see how things are. I didn't get to go to the local workforce/education program. It just screwed up my plans. I was gonna use a cab for these things.

Message 58 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can't save up $2500, you can't repay a $7000 car loan. Period.

Everyone here is telling you the blunt truth, and you don't want to hear it.

Message 59 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you can't save up $2500, you can't repay a $7000 car loan. Period.

Everyone here is telling you the blunt truth, and you don't want to hear it.

In my current situation, no I can't. With a job and extra income yes I can, and probably within three months I would have that 2500. But what if I would qualify then?

I have actually thought of the rental car route and it was certainly a fallback option before the money got spent. If things turn around that could be what I do until I am able to get something.

Message 60 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.