New Contributor
adamkingadam

Rebuilding My Credit Whats a Good Profile

Hi guys and gals...

Just recently came across this site and I have found it to be very useful and informative so far.  Like many others I am rebuilding my credit and I am starting with ficos 590-607.  Here are the open accounts I have right now

3 unsecured CC's with credit lines of 400, 500 and 400.
1 Revolving charge (newly opened with credit line of 1,700)

I have past derogatories and two liens that I am working to have removed.  My questions to you guys is should I look into opening some more accounts for my credit profile? What else should I be doing to reqbuild the credit aside from the obvious (disputing,paying on time, etc)

thanks for any input, i look forward to contributing around here too!
Frequent Contributor
chartley3

Re: Rebuilding My Credit Whats a Good Profile

Do you have any Installment loans like a Student Loan or Car Loan?? You should have a good mix of installment as well as revolving accounts. I would not go over 4 revolving accounts IMO. Get the liens paid ASAP as those really kill a score and send out GW and/or PFD letters to help get that score up.
New Contributor
adamkingadam

one lien was paid in 2000 and should fall off next month, the other is a duplicate of the first and shouldnt even be on there.

Unfortunately no istallment loans at this time
Frequent Contributor
chartley3

Definately dispute the second duplicate lien and get it removed. Once the other lien falls off I would suggest going to a credit union and applying for a small signature loan for $1000 and pay it off over 24 months and possibly if your able to afford a car payment look to get an auto loan for a car. Also make sure you keep your CC utilization between 1-9% to get the most out of your FICO scores.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+