Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Scenario Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding Scenario Advice

So I am a recent lurker on this forum and have really enjoyed learning from a lot of your expertise. I am posting this to get some advice and gain more knowledge about my current situation and opportunities/challenges presented. Up front, my questions are:

What time period might it take to achieve my goal of 740?
What steps should I take to get there(what's the best way to build my credit from here)?
I would like to have a better CC than what I have right now. My next card target is the Amex Blue Everyday or the Discover IT. When should I look at applying for a new card, or is there a better card out there?

I have been working myself through rebuild mode for a couple months. My scores are 659 EX 651 TU and 651 EQ. I am a senior in college, but I am graduating late because I dealt with some serious depression/anxiety issues for a couple years from which I have now fully recovered Smiley Happy! Over that period of time, I was irresponsible with my payments, and as a result have a 60 day late payment(most recent, 2 months ago), a 90 day late payment and a couple 30 day late payments. Right now, I am current with all of my payments and have nothing negative on my report aside from the aforementioned late payments. My life goals are another story, but for the purpose of this post my current credit goal is to hit 740.

I have an auto loan at $6800 which I try to pay an extra $200 on each month. I have student loans totaling 40K. I have two CCs. One is a Cap One Platinum with no balance and a $3000 limit, and the other is a Cap One Quicksilver with a $1500 limit and no balance. I recently paid off a 2800 balance that I carried for 2 years on the former card. I use the Quicksilver for the rewards points, and pay it off in full every month. My annual salary for now is about 38k, and will be due for a raise/promotion upon graduation.

So that is my situation, and I ropes my questions stated above. I appreciate any advice and look forward to updating my progress moving forward!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.