Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rec'd letter from HSBC today Re: dispute - advice please

tag
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Rec'd letter from HSBC today Re: dispute - advice please

I filed an online dispute with EQ on March 7 regarding an HSBC account.  Today I received a letter in the mail from HSBC saying the following: 

"This letter is in response to your credit bureau dispute.  In order to process your dispute, the following information is needed:

The full name on your account
The account number (full or partial)
Your SS#
Your current address
A detailed explanation of your request
A copy of the page(s) from your credit report indicating the account indicated

Upon receipt of this information we will process your request...."

I am almost certain that I have not sent a GW to HSBC  (all of my paperwork is at work).  But I checked my EQ report just now and see that I submitted a dispute letter dated March 7 and listed the HSBC account.  It was being reported twice - once as Orchard and also as HSBC.  HSBC's letter I got today is dated 3/11.

Is HSBC trying to cover themselves because they can't locate my account info and are hoping I'll send it to them?  Any advice on how to proceed from here?  The account has currently been dropped from my CR.  I don't want to see it get reinserted.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rec'd letter from HSBC today Re: dispute - advice please

don't send them anything!!!!!    If they don't verify with the CRAs  within 30 days (45 if filed from a free CR)  The CRAs must delete

If  the CRAs  verify......send HSBC  the OC letter....use only the info. on your CR!!!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-21-2008 04:41 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.