Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Collection Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received Collection Letter

I recently sent off a PFD to a CA listed on my TU CR from an old T-Mobile account that was mine.  Yesterday I received a letter from this CA that was the typical "the account has been place with our office for collection, unless you notify us within 30 days, etc" letter.

Here is my situation.  First, I just noticed that this CA is listed on my TU CR, but another CA is listed on my EX CR with T-Mobile as the OC.  The amounts are the same on both, but the account numbers are different.

I do owe this money and want it gone as fast as possible which is why I sent the PFD.  At this point though I don't want to PFD this CA and still have the other CA on my Experian CR.

Should I just DV both of them first??  Should I call T-Mobile and see who is the correct CA that is collecting then dispute the other one and do the PFD on the correct one??
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Collection Letter

From what I understand, you should DV the new CA right away to keep them from reporting. See if the original CA accepts PFD and if so get everything in writing. Once paid and deleted the new CA will not have anything to collect or report on and if they do report, dispute as "not mine" because you no longer owe the debt. if the old CA doesn't accept PFD or respond, just try again. It probably won't help to DV the original CA at this point since you already offered PFD. I'm sure one of the Pro's will see this and chime in with even better advice... Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Received Collection Letter

Definitely DV both, and soon due to the PFD you sent.

If T-Mobile still owns the debt, PFD with them.  Being that it appears it just went from CA1 to CA2, I realize they probably don't still own but I do not want to assume.  If they did sell, they probably will have no clue where it went from who they sold it to.

As far as the disputes, take care of the DVs first.  I would dispute both frankly... probably as dups to let them sort it all out though that is not the only reason you might feel is correct . 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.