cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received PFD letter back from CA

tag
choclique26

Received PFD letter back from CA

I sent a PFD letter to Allied Collection Serive and they responded back in agreement. The persons name and title is at the bottom of the letter which is typed on their company letterhead; however, the authorized representative did not sign the letter. Should I go ahead and send them the money or will they turn around and say the letter was invalid since there is no legal signature on the letter.  I'm unsure whether or not to send the funds. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Received PFD letter back from CA

I would insist on a signature.  I think I had to do that myself.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Received PFD letter back from CA

I would not insist on such a signature.

You are requesting good-will in any deletion.

Keep in mind that deletion in exchange for payment is directly contrary to CRA policy, and is incorporated into their credit reporting agreement with the CRA.

Requiring a signature of a corporate official stating they are not abiding by that agreement could be a show-stopper.

Having a communication that states their agreement is much that is usually received.........which is usually just an oral agreement.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.