Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Response to DV - OSI HELP!

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Received Response to DV - OSI HELP!

I Dv'd OSI Collections (CA) almost a month ago and they sent me a copy of statements and nothing else.

In my dv I requested the following information.

1.       A copy of the alleged original contract or other instrument bearing my signature

2.       Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account

3.       Evidence of your authorization under 15 USC 1692(e) and 15 USC 1692(f) in this alleged matter

4.       Evidence that your company is registered as a consumer collection agency in the State Of Maryland

On the letter included with the statements says:

"Here is the information you requested."  That's it nothing else.

The DOFD is 8/2003
Amount $177

WHAT IS MY NEXT STEP?  Is this suffiecient enough for a DV?

Please help.
Thanks!
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Response to DV - OSI HELP!

Sounds like there is something fishy going on, someone here should be able to point you in the right direction. It may be time to send letters to the CRAs with the original to the CA and their response back. Sorry for lack of advice though, I am a newb and am definitely still learning everything. Best of luck!

Message Edited by RSidetrack on 02-27-2008 01:55 PM
Message 2 of 7
glamchick
Established Contributor

Bump Smiley Happy  

Anyone else have this issue?  If so how did you handle?

Thanks!
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in MD also,

CA did items 1&2 but not 3&4 (3 is common sense, supposedly I am responsible for $ but maryland is VERY pro-consumer in most matters)  When I tried to PFD the OC they included a letter from the CA asking them for the records and stating that I am refusing to pay (excuse me, is validation a right I have under federal code?) and asking them if they wish to pursue legal action (ahhh, they hadn't validated yet)... The letter is waiting to go to the AGs of MD and the CAs state and the FTC.

I may get mpre mileage out of the CAs letter to the OC  than the other stuff - we shall see.  I aslo need to get the 'free time' to be available for the AGs (i hate telephone tag with government officials) and not running my tail off or dealing with problems from work.

I alslo want them to think  am 'accepting' of what they are diing (updating monthly) and need to add that to the letter...

Right now I am working on my tax lien - trying to get it withdrawn...
Message 4 of 7
glamchick
Established Contributor

Lady_scarelett... I thought I read on here somewhere that they have to prove they are licensed in our state.  Do you know how to find that out for Maryland.

Ive got another questions, my fiance has a tax lien too.  Its paid and I want it withdrawn, how are you going about this?
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 5 of 7
glamchick
Established Contributor

I just pulled my CR they have reported me Key derogatory for the month of February???????  I thought they weren't suppose to do that once you DV them? 
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are varying opinions on the license issue.  Considering that I have a state business license and that I have to carry it at all times that I am working and be able to show it when asked - Maryland may side with proving their license is reasonable.  I really think more impact will come from their letter asking the OC if they want to pursue legal action before the debt was validated.  That and the monthly updates when there is nothing to update.

As for licensing of a CA in Maryland (scroll to the bottom and look for "Public License Search")
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.