Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a Delinquency Notification Letter in Mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received a Delinquency Notification Letter in Mail

Hello Everyone!

So I recentrly purchused a home this year and over the holidays I got some mail at my parents house from a company named Harris & Harris of Illinois, Ltd. It says ia Delinquency Notification and is asking me to pay a amount of 5xx.00 dollars. 

This is regarding some old 1-2 year old unpaid tolls. ( I called the toll company and tried to pay them directly but they said they could not accept payment from me and that I need to contact the collecting company to make payment. ) I currently do not see anything on my credit report regarding this so my question is will this show up on my credit report once I call and make a full payment to them ? 

Thank you ! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received a Delinquency Notification Letter in Mail

It depends on the agreement between you and the collection agency, if you can get them to put it in writing that they will not report, it's the best case scenario. More often than not they will not put it in writing so you will have to trust the verbal agreement and hope that they follow through, if you're able you should record the conversation. If you just pay and said nothing about it, it will depend on the agency, most will but some won't, report it to CR as paid collection.
Message 2 of 6
Kree
Established Contributor

Someone was saying non-contract debt such as parket tickets, are no longer allowed to be listed on credit reports. I would think tolls might fall under non-contract debt, but i could be wrong.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Current CRA policy, as stated in their National Consumer Assistance Plan, is not to include collections based on debts for which there is no contract or payment agreement with consumer.  That includes tickets and fines.

Message 4 of 6
nexace
New Contributor

Regardless, if you owe the money, then pay the bill. Bonus - this will prevent negative entries on your credit report.

Discover IT:21500 | Amex BCE:21900 | TJX:6000 | First Bankcard:10000 | Home Depot:8000 | Walmart:10000 | Citi Diamond Preferred:17600 | Citi Double Cash:7000 | USAA Limitless:24500 | Uber Visa:6000 | Wells Fargo Cash Wise:6000 | USAA Cashback Rewards Plus:15000 | Target Red Card:1500 | US Bank Cash+:10000 | Chase Slate:2000 | Amazon Visa:2000 | Chase Freedom:11000 | Citi Costco:10500
--------------------------------------------
FICO 8's: EX-835 / TU-837 / EQ-840
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if they were on your credit report, and dropped off after 7 years. If you all of the sudden decided to pay them, would they re appear on your report?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.