Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a response for PFD

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Received a response for PFD

@glamchick wrote:
In my original letter I sent to the dentist office I offered to pay in full in return they delete this marking off my credit report.

I called and spoke with the office manager yesterday and she said she promised she would call have have the account deleted from all 3 CB's.  I asked her for a simple letter stating "ONCE PAID IN FULL THEY WOULD HAVE ACCOUNT DELETED"  She said they are not aloud to write such a letter?????

I am going to their office today... I am a very shy person this is going to be very hard for me to ask them to write the letter while im there with check and credit card in hand.

What if she still says no... do i just walk out?  What if they update my report because i wouldnt pay?

I understand that you are shy, but you have to remember your "why". Your "why" is your credit. If they don't play ball, YES, walk out with your money in hand. The only thing that I would caution about getting something written is to get it on their letterhead. They can copy your written words onto their letterhead if they want.

What can they update your report to say? Your DOLA/DOFD is still what it was. That can't change. Scratch mine, scratch yours.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
glamchick
Established Contributor

Re: Received a response for PFD

Im going to my dentist office tomorrow with payment in hand.  Does anyone know of a sample letter i can use?  I want it to just state "once full balance is paid,  Blank will delete from credit report.

Thanks!
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.