Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received response from CA for PFD

tag
moreFICOplease
Valued Member

Received response from CA for PFD

I sent out two PFDs and heard back from one CA. I offered to pay 10% of the total but they want the whole amount of $430.75 for two medical bills $298.75 and $132 which are listed separately on my CR.

They state "We did receive your request to remove them from your credit and can do that once they are zero balance. Please contact us to pay in full or arrange a payment plan."

If I send payment for the smaller bill how do I make sure they will honor their end? I can only afford to pay one right now.

Do I send them payment along with a copy of the letter they sent me? Will that be enough?

Thanks!
7/10/08 EQ: 629 TU: 641 EX: 644 8/26/08 EX: 595 9/26/08 EQ: 622 TU: 631
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received response from CA for PFD

Get it in writing first.  Oops you already have it in writing.

Message Edited by Brammy on 10-19-2007 02:44 PM
Message 2 of 4
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

I'm still new at this, but it appears as if they are accepting your proposal to delete for payment.  If it were me I would send a copy of my PFD letter (the one for the smaller amount of $132), a copy of their response letter, payment (in certified funds) for the smaller medical bill, and a letter that states you have PIF for this account and want it deleted from the CRAs.  Since they are separate accounts and you are paying one account in full to a zero balance, they should, by their word, delete that account.  I'd make sure and put the account number on all correspondence and payment(s) so they know which account to apply it to.  HTH

Cathleen
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 3 of 4
moreFICOplease
Valued Member

azsassycat wrote:
I'm still new at this, but it appears as if they are accepting your proposal to delete for payment.  If it were me I would send a copy of my PFD letter (the one for the smaller amount of $132), a copy of their response letter, payment (in certified funds) for the smaller medical bill, and a letter that states you have PIF for this account and want it deleted from the CRAs.  Since they are separate accounts and you are paying one account in full to a zero balance, they should, by their word, delete that account.  I'd make sure and put the account number on all correspondence and payment(s) so they know which account to apply it to.  HTH

Cathleen

Thank you, that helps a lot. Smiley Happy
7/10/08 EQ: 629 TU: 641 EX: 644 8/26/08 EX: 595 9/26/08 EQ: 622 TU: 631
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.