Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Immigrant

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent Immigrant

Good Morning,

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and you guys have been a tremendous help.  I do however have a question that I have not seen addressed here.  I have a friend that is a recent immigrant from the Dominican Republic.  She has been in the US for about 6 months and has been working for the past 2 months.  Her salary is about 30,000 per year.  She is interested in establishing credit.  She has gone both the traditional credit route including store credit cards.  The problem is that because her SS number is new (6 months old) and she has no credit history, she has been denied.  What can she do?

WBLAKE 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent Immigrant

Your friends situation is no different from an 18 year old fresh from High School. If they can't get Unsecured, try secured. Cap1 or Orchard. 6-12 months of usage will open new doors for unsecured credit cards. :-)
Message 2 of 3
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Recent Immigrant

And tell her to never, ever be late paying with such a thin credit history  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.