Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Inquiries Just As Bad As A Collection On A Report

tag
mzgg09
Regular Contributor

Recent Inquiries Just As Bad As A Collection On A Report

I have a clean credit file as far as collections and baddies go. But because of too many recent inquiries companies don't want to come near me right now. Not complaining because I know it's my own doing. I'm just saying. Man do they stick it to ya for inquiries despite your good payment history.

Experian 750 Equifax 750 Transunion 753
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Recent Inquiries Just As Bad As A Collection On A Report

True, but the effect will dissipate over time. Hopefully you got some good TLs out of the INQs.

Message 2 of 14
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

With this it will be ymmv for most people.  With a sub 700 score, you can be denied for too many INQs.  If you had a score of 760 with the same number of INQs you might not be getting the denial letters. 

Message 3 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Impact of inquiries can also vary by credit profile.  Generally speaking they're more of an issue for thinner profiles versus established profiles.  They're definitely not as bad as collections.  Inquiries taper and fall off much faster.  Collections are much worse.

Message 4 of 14
maxofgreentree10

Im using an attorney and its possible to get them to remove Inquiries, just takes a little patience and money, good luck

Message 5 of 14
Involver
Valued Contributor

@maxofgreentree10 wrote:

Im using an attorney and its possible to get them to remove Inquiries, just takes a little patience and money, good luck

bad.  

it also creates fraud alerts on your files.

inqs are not a big deal.

Message 6 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

@maxofgreentree10 wrote:

This is a Great Example of more money than sense. GEEEEZ

No Attorney in the world can get those inquiries off. but im sure. if its things your trying to get rid of. he is surely letting you get rid of you money trying. are you kidding??? I know you are right????

Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 14
maxofgreentree10

You do whats good for you. I have positive results thats all I can say. God Bless , by the way nice English

Message 8 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

As long as you are happy. No one can say anything bad about that.
Message 9 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

Not great English. It is Siri. The great iPhone 5s Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.