Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Success Story - BOA 99/500 secured to 5000k Visa Sig in 9 months

tag
heicos40t5

Recent Success Story - BOA 99/500 secured to 5000k Visa Sig in 9 months

Hi all,

Long time myFico fan and lurker...

Little backstory - I started obtaining and establishing good credit at the age of 18. I did rather well (upper 740's, no negatatives) across all three reports until college got the best of not only my financials, but my lifestyle (heavy alcohol). I bottomed out around junior year (2011-12 ish). Burned several prime banks in the process unfortunately....

Fast forward to today I am working hard to re-build my credit (have taken care of the other, larger issue, finally).

Just thought I'd post some recent success for others hoping to do the same.

April '16 - Opened BOA 99/500 secured account - TU FICO ~560-580 I believe, can't remember exactly

October '16 - Graduated to unsecured and auto CLI to $1500 - I had to request the graduation and was approved w/ auto CLI. I waited for 6th statement to cut. TU FICO ~700

January '17 - Requested CLI via "love button" after logging into accounts - Requested 5k. Triggered hard pull on TU, instant approval. They are now upgrading account to Visa Sig. TU FICO ~690

I have been running anywhere from 4-6k through the card since opening. Yes, paid off multiple times per week w/500 limit. I firmly believe that's ultimately why they gave me the room.

Stats:

Income ~100k

BOA Checking and Savings accounts for ~3 years.

Have been working to remove several charge offs and collections, only have a couple left on reports. Hence the big jump in short time-frame.

Hope this gives some hope and direction to others in similar situation!

Thanks to all for your help over the years.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Recent Success Story - BOA 99/500 secured to 5000k Visa Sig in 9 months

Congrats.

You can call the backnumber (there is a post with several banks/phones) and talk with an analyst or senior analyst and ask for more limit using the same HP. You have 30 days to use the same HP.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.