Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently opened accts FAIR?

tag
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Recently opened accts FAIR?

Just looked at my EQ report and noticed it's been 8 months since my most recent app spree.  I also noticed a "fair" overall rating for recently opened accounts.  

Does this mean I need to open more recent accounts?  Or that I have too many recent accounts and thus overall it's a fair rating?  

Does anyone have an "excellent" profile for recently opened accounts?  I'd be interested in knowing the most recent app date to be considered excellent.  

Just trying to tweak a few extra points.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Recently opened accts FAIR?

@Fico2Go wrote:

Just looked at my EQ report and noticed it's been 8 months since my most recent app spree.  I also noticed a "fair" overall rating for recently opened accounts.  

Does this mean I need to open more recent accounts?  Or that I have too many recent accounts and thus overall it's a fair rating?  

Does anyone have an "excellent" profile for recently opened accounts?  I'd be interested in knowing the most recent app date to be considered excellent.  

I would expect that you will get to that "excellent" if you have NO new accounts in the past 24 months ...cannot tell as I have plenty of new accounts myself Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

It's fair because you have too many recent accounts.  Recently extended credit is a negative (double hit along with the inq, but also a positive for utilization)

Message 3 of 7
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

It's fair because you have too many recent accounts.  Recently extended credit is a negative (double hit along with the inq, but also a positive for utilization)

Recently extended credit?  Do u mean like auto CLI?   If so how would this affect your scores and profile?

Message 4 of 7
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

I would expect that you will get to that "excellent" if you have NO new accounts in the past 24 months ...cannot tell as I have plenty of new accounts myself Smiley Tongue

I'lm going to track the rating bar to see when it becomes "good" and when I graduate to "excellent."

Message 5 of 7
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Recently extended credit?  Do u mean like auto CLI?   If so how would this affect your scores and profile?

No. He means new accounts opened.....auto cli only affect utilization--if there is a balance being reported; obviously, 0% utilization would remain at 0%.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Sorry, meant new accounts.   CLIs don't seem to count

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.