Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieved an alert - Confused!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recieved an alert - Confused!

Ok, I'll make this as short as possible. I dont know what to make of it.

I recieved a credit alert from ScoreWatch. My score had dropped -22 points. OMG!!
I looked into it. It said I had a new account, and a new derogatory account/over the credit limit.

I bought I yamaha rhino 2 saturdays ago. It is a credit card account. (I know, bad choice....but there is a reason behind this. It will be paid within a month) The limit was $8000.
Anyway, the alert stated
that the new account was HSBC/Yamaha $8000 limit
and the new derogatory account/over the credit limit was HSBC/Yamaha Balance $8005 (my god 5 freakin dollars.
Well the least to say is that I was furious! I have called yamaha already and they swear that they have not reported anything yet. I even preceded to talk to the head of the financial dept and she said the same thing. I have not even recieved my first statement yet. She totally assured me numerous times that there is no way they have reported it yet. Then today I get another call from some HighUp person assuring me that alert was incorrect b/c they haven't reported it yet. This person wanted to call me b/c someone had notified them that I was a really upset customer.
** I should note that the 5.22 that I am really over is for the credit protection I signed up for that bills out monthly.**

So my question is, how did ScoreWatch do this if no one reported it? Is it even possible. For some odd reason, I really believe these people. I mean, my god, they haven't really had time to do anything with my account yet. I had recieved the email sometime last week and didn't know it. We were away this past weekend enjoying the Rhino and then have all been totally sick all week. I haven't checked my email till yesterday and just getting around to asking on the board about it.

I mean, I literaly told these people that I was calling the dealership and taking the Rhino back and I hoped the dealership would stick the **bleep** thing up Yamaha's ass. I procceded to tell them that they had not done a very good job and a first impression for a business relationship and that I'm sure another manufactorer would be glad to do business with me. BLAH BLAH BLAH

I know my message is probably all jumbled and confusing. Sorry! I've got strep throat, 3 kids with pinkeye and fevers, etc. I'm really trying to hurry!

Thanks for any answers!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Recieved an alert - Confused!

I would pull EQ directly or confirm via here or TrueCredit (or somewhere like that) that pulls EQ. Trust but verify. Now adding a new account could have decreased your avg. age therefore your score would have dropped. If the score change is due strictly to Yamaha, then PIFing next month would fix that utilization problem.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When the account was opened with HSBC it was reported by HSBC more than likely. Only -22 for a new maxed out account over the limit, your credit must be pretty good. Don't worry, after you pay it all will be fixed just that fast.... as soon as they report the payment. You're fine.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok - thanks! I hope so. That really made me upset. So if I understand correctly, it won't be a bad mark forever on me that I'll have to fight to get off?

Thanks for your help!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As stated when you pay the balance down you will get your points back. It may take a few months depending on when HSBC choses to actually report the $0 balance. Also that new $8k cl will probably lower your util once the account is paid off which may mean a score increase beyond what your score was before you opened the account.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.