Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation after being rejected by myFICO

tag
mjban
Valued Member

Recommendation after being rejected by myFICO

So, Saturday last week I decided to get on track and purchase the new 3-bureau credit monitoring product from myFICO. I got the identity verification message and had to wait until Monday to call a CSR.

After calling, they were able to verify my identity and the lady told me to log in into my account 30 minutes later. I waited about a hour to find out that I couldn't see any reports or score in my profile. Called back and they said I had a file block on TU and need to call them. There was no file block on TU and called myFICO again. Then they wanted to verify my identity again, after the whole process the CSR told me that the system was giving her an error saying: "File requested repeatedly by the same subscriber". She advice me to cancel the purchase and wait 48 hours for that to clear (they requested my credit report 3 times). 

On Wednesday, I purchase the same product again, went on the same verification process, called a CSR, explained the whole situation. Now this time they told me: your SSN seems to be reported by the bureaus as a creation date of after June 2011 (I received my SSN in October 2011), and that they can't provide a FICO score for a SSN which age is less than 33 months.

Now, I have to wait a bit longer to be able to use any of myFICO products. Do you guys have any recommendations of other products (Score and Credit Report) I can use while I wait to meet the SSN age criteria?

I'm getting my current FICO score once a month from Barclaycard and Discover, but I want to check for credit alerts and also be able to see when was the last time AMEX SP me (want to request a CLI). 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recommendation after being rejected by myFICO

You think that's bad... I just got denied from purchasing a MyFICO product because apparently I don't even have a SSN on my credit report... As a proud owner of a Social Security Number for almost 34 years, that's certainly news to me.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Both Stories redonk!

Message 3 of 23
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I don't have a recommendation for a paid product.   However, you can pull all three of your CR's once per year.  I would recommend you print (or print to PDF) your reports.  TU and EQ will not let you back without paying for 12 months.  There are {Edited}, but I wouldn't recommend them unless you really are denied credit based on your credit report.

If you keep the report number for EX, you can use it to pull an updated full EX report as often as you like.  You do need to have pulled the report within 90 days for this to work.  This is the best way to see the last time American Express SP'd you.   I don't have the myFICO paid product, but I doubt it will show SPs.

If you sign up for Credit Karma, they will give you free weekly TU reports.  They don't show SP's, but it will show everything else.

I haven't found as good of a way to view my EQ reports.  The best I have done is Quizzle will give you a free report every 180 days or so.  Quizzle does try to get you purchase updated reports so their "advice" is more current.   The advice CK and Quizzle provide is good to read.   But don't rely on it.  They make their money getting you to apply for new CC's and loans.   I have found some of the advice quite comical. 

I believe CK offers free credit alerts based on changes in your credit report. Quizzle tries to get you to pay for credit alerts.   However, I don't use that feature. 

Credit Sesame and Credit.com offers similar services as CK and Quizzle based on your EX report.  However, I have never used their services.

None of the above will give you a free FICO score, but you already have your TU-08 score taken care of.  I expect more CC's will provide FICO scores in the future.    The FAKO scores they provide are:

Credit.com and CS - EX National Equivalency Score

Quizzle - Vantage (not sure if it is 2.0 or 3.0)

CK - TU TransRisk New Account and Vantage 2.0 scores

CK also shows an Home Insurance and Auto Insurance scores.  I don't know where they come from.  I haven't found them useful.

Note: I don't know if CK or Quizzle has the same restrictions for new SSN's and myFICO.  However, since they are free it doesn't hurt to try.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm... is this true? My SSN is less than 6 months old. My credit history goes back 6 months, as of today. Via the Amex CreditSecure product I can see that I have 6 data points reporting for each bureau on my oldest card. However, they only show Experian "PLUS" scores and not FICO scores, so I came here for that.

Yet I am also getting this "processing" message and after reading this thread I am wondering whether myfico has issues with new SSN's?

Hmm. Was hoping to see my FICO score today! This is disappointing.

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

... and now they have sent me an email saying they can't verify my identity. Nonsense. Amex was able to, as are other sites. I provided everything, address, SSN, drivers license, DoB, the works. No other site has problems figuring out who I am and displaying my entire credit history. Just this one.

I will call CSR in the morning, but this is a bit ridiculous. 

Message 6 of 23
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

... and now they have sent me an email saying they can't verify my identity. Nonsense. Amex was able to, as are other sites. I provided everything, address, SSN, drivers license, DoB, the works. No other site has problems figuring out who I am and displaying my entire credit history. Just this one.

I will call CSR in the morning, but this is a bit ridiculous. 

Your SSN has to be 24 months or older in order to get the scores from here. Apparently it is one of the stupid rules myFICO has.
My SSN is just a little bit over 1 year so no score for me either Smiley Sad

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR did eventually verify me and I got my Equifax score. I think they have av old database of SSN's and if yours is newer you have to phone in and do everything manually. It took ten minutes on the phone but it got done.

Try calling them...
Message 8 of 23
EdMan63
Established Contributor

When I tried to get the three score deal from myFico I could not complete the purchase either. They said my Experian had a fraud alert. Called them and could not get anything resolved. Eventually I was able to purchase my TU score but I can't get EQ or EX on myFico. Don't know why. I use Experian now for monitoring and updates. They use FICO 8 now but it's not free. Good luck. 

Message 9 of 23
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
CSR did eventually verify me and I got my Equifax score. I think they have av old database of SSN's and if yours is newer you have to phone in and do everything manually. It took ten minutes on the phone but it got done.

Try calling them...

So you tried the 3B monitoring and only got EQ?

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.