Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations from LO dropped my score 55 pts, please advise

tag
Goodcreditsesame
Valued Member

Recommendations from LO dropped my score 55 pts, please advise

Hello,

I recently applied For several mortgages and was declined all. I was told to reapply in February when I was a full year post lates. I also was advised to remove dispute remarks from all three bureaus. I did this and Exp and EQ DIDNT BUDGE BUT TU tanked 55 points, leaving my FICO 8 at 609.... the effect of my mortgage score is unknown (they were a perfect linear of 675,676 and 677) but I can only assume it went down the same.

Now I am unsure what to do? I hear a PFD is pretty much a miracle( I have two small collections with Portfolio Recovery which I am sure is impacting my score).

Should I try it? Each are 520 ish so I was thinking of offering 110 per collection?

If not, what else should I do? My CC util is at 10%.....

Feeling very discouraged. My apt lease is up in March and I truly cannot afford
Market rent here 1600 and was hoping to own by then...

Thank you so much.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Recommendations from LO dropped my score 55 pts, please advise

This seems to be a recurring problem with some mortgage lendors, who do not want pending disputes.

They incorrectly require removal of any comments pertaining to disputes, extending that requirment to concluded disputes.

A CRA updates the status and comments when a dispute is resolved.  For legal reasons, they must preserve the record of prior disputes, and usually will not totally delete record of a concluded dispute.  The best you can do is to get the comments updated to show the dispute was resolved.

If the loan officer is demanding that you obtain deletion of any reference to a prior, concluded dispute, I would speak to someone higher in their management chain and explain that consumers do not have any basis for obtaining deletion of legal information retained by a CRA.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply removing the remarks shouldn't have affected your score. 

Did something else change on your TransUnion report? How long ago was this? 

Message 3 of 6
Goodcreditsesame
Valued Member

Thank you so much.

Nothing else has changed on my report.

What should I do at this point?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you talked to your loan officer? If the other two scores didn't change and they were all close to the same, your middle score might not have changed. The middle score is usually what they go off of.

Message 5 of 6
Goodcreditsesame
Valued Member

I will talk to her Tuesday.

I forgot about that!!! I just went into freakout mode
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.