Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended New Abbreviation - CMS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recommended New Abbreviation - CMS

CMS = Credit Monitoring Service (TrueCredit, CreditSecure, CreditCheckTotal, etc.)

Since folks hop from one to the next, for a variety of reasons, I conclude that a more generic term is needed.

I'm undecided as to whether MyFico ScoreWatch counts as a CMS. It is and it isn't. I leave that little detail for others to fight over.

Overall, if pressed to the wall, I'd have to conclude that it is a CMS. However, being that it's in a class by itself (i.e. real FICO scores), then I remain of the opinion that it's a completely different animal.

Different Class. Same Phylum.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recommended New Abbreviation - CMS

Aren't there enough abbreviations? Still trying to get past DW and DH not meaning divorced husband and/or wife. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, why not just "H" and "W"?  

Must be part of the touchy feely world they make us live in now, i.e. "Dear" and "physically challenged" and "visually impaired"...I could go on, but you are already bored, I can tell.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good to me. I vote yea.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shweet
CMS
SW

I am in.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

ONNAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's 'Oh No Not Another Abbreviation'!!  I vote we add that one to the list.  Whadda ya say, group?  Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea Noah. Smiley Happy

I get so tired of typing credit monitoring service, or monitoring service.

CMS it is for me!
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I much prefer to speak and type plain english.  But thats just me, I'll go along with the flow.

Van

Message 8 of 16
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

Vanyel wrote:
I much prefer to speak and type plain english.  But thats just me, I'll go along with the flow.

Van

I agree with you Vanyel, however with Noah's 3400-someodd posts, I'd be willing to wager his knuckles have gotten a workout typing "credit monitoring service" and other such commonly used phrases, KWIM? IMO, Noah JWT cut back n all the tpng.

Smiley Wink
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boscoe wrote:
Yeah, why not just "H" and "W"?  

Must be part of the touchy feely world they make us live in now, i.e. "Dear" and "physically challenged" and "visually impaired"...I could go on, but you are already bored, I can tell.

What was that Boscoe? I couldn't read the post because I was too busy buying a helmet for my neice and baby proofing my sisters house. No she doesn't have a bike but you know technically if her head were to hit the ground that could count as a 4 foot fall. Just not taking chances. Man, I am running out of that bubble wrap for the walls! Does anyone know what to call the plastic covers for electrical sockets? We are putting one of those baby leashes on lay-away. You know the ones that look like a harness with a cable coming out of the middle of the child's back. Lets not forget about her GPS bracelet.

Now I'm at work and I can only type when the boss isn't looking. Something about the force of the keys acting in an upward direction against my fingertips. Crap ... the ergo lady is passing by. Shhh. Got to put my good posture on. I'll recline when she's not looking. LUMBAR baby!!

... man how the world has changed.

Oh and uhh.. I'm cool with CMS.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.