Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance car loan

tag
jandj
New Contributor

Refinance car loan

Any suggestions on good companies to refinance a car loan through?  My credit score was about 100 points lower when I bought my car so I think I could get a much better rate now.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refinance car loan

I'm happy with Roadloans.com.  Just got a $30k loan at 8.5%.  They also do refinance I believe.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow Rocket!  I'm glad to hear of your rate.  I was going to try Roadloans when I was ready because I'm worried that my credit union and other places won't approve.   Do you mind telling me what kind of scores you had and what they pulled?
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was before the latest jumps in my scores, about 630...
I may have been scored a little better on the autoFICO if they pulled one.  My baddies are mostly in the CC area.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool that's in my range too.  Who did they pull from?
Message 5 of 19
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

That's a great rate for RoadLoans!
Message 6 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I don't know if you are eligible for membership into Navy Federal but I just refi'd my car loan today and saved a few bucks. 6% which is not the best rate but decent. Knocked off 6 months of payments and saved $2500 bucks in the process. GAP cost only $200 included in the payments and they deposited a check for $100 into my money market fund. I love NFCU.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was very surprised and happy about the rate.  It was better than what the myfico predicted I would get for an autoloan.    I dropped 10 pts though on my Experian report, because they claimed it was a finance company account.  I figure my autoFICO must be pretty good, with two TLs and just a few lates each...
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any auto loans on my reports...My scores are EX573, TU573. EQ601.

What are my chances of getting an auto loan? I am trying to buy a used car in 6-8 months from now. What rates can i expect with this score at this time? And who would approve me?
Message 9 of 19
jandj
New Contributor

With 6-8 months to go, you have lots of time to increase those scores!  Mine went up 100 points in 5 months from really paying down my credit cards and disputing erroneous accounts.  You would still get approved for a car loan though.  My score was about 550 when I got a Blank Check loan from Citifinancial, APR was not great though (~10%); which is why I would like to refinance soon!
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.