Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refute backfires

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refute backfires

I messed up. My Equifax is now 100% accurate- I am now waiting for the MYFICO alert that me score has dropped. I refuted a late on an old mortgage account. They verified it, added an additional late. I am going to be busting out a bunch of GW's for several accounts. I want to let people know that when an item is in refute, it is not calculated in your FICO score. The only good news is that I added a TL during the refute.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refute backfires

Really that's interesting to know. I always wondered if when you disputed something if it's included in your credit score calculation
Message 2 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Timothy wrote:
I messed up. My Equifax is now 100% accurate- I am now waiting for the MYFICO alert that me score has dropped. I refuted a late on an old mortgage account. They verified it, added an additional late. I am going to be busting out a bunch of GW's for several accounts. I want to let people know that when an item is in refute, it is not calculated in your FICO score. The only good news is that I added a TL during the refute.

That is not entirely true.. Collections and public records never receive different treatment when in dispute. And there are still some items that are factored on normal (non-derog) accounts that are in dispute.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the lates legit?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on the point of view. I was refinancing the house, the old creditor was so slow in getting the payoffs to the new company it TECHNICALLY was late. Short answer- Yes but the extra one is BS
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the old creditor cash the check on time but send the money on late? If so, then I think you have grounds to show it was never late. I'd dispute it as never late.
Message 6 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Did the old creditor cash the check on time but send the money on late? If so, then I think you have grounds to show it was never late. I'd dispute it as never late.

Agreed.

OP: Any chance this account is Litton Loan?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Option One. First late Jan 01 PIF March 01. When will will this drop off then?
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lates stay for 7 years. Should drop in Feb 08.
Message 9 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.