Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal as an Authorized User

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removal as an Authorized User

If I am removed as an authorized user on an account, how is that reflected on my credit report? Will the account be removed from the record completed, or show as closed? For reference, the account itself will not be closed, I'll just be taken off the account, and the account is with Chase. Thank you!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Removal as an Authorized User

@Anonymous wrote:
If I am removed as an authorized user on an account, how is that reflected on my credit report? Will the account be removed from the record completed, or show as closed? For reference, the account itself will not be closed, I'll just be taken off the account, and the account is with Chase. Thank you!

It will stay on your report and will be marked as "Account Relationship Terminated" or something similar.

Message 2 of 6
creditguy
Valued Contributor

It will not affect your account negatively unless it was helping you with utilization but the positive account info i.e.payment history age of account will remain.
Message 3 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
It will not affect your account negatively unless it was helping you with utilization but the positive account info i.e.payment history age of account will remain.

+1

And hopefully it doesn't have a dramatic impact on your utilization in a negative way.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

It can vary by creditor and the TL can typically be removed via dispute.

That said, accounts where on is an AU are not always considered so it really doesn't matter either way in such cases.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Some creditors will actually report deletion of the entire AU reporting, while others will not, and simply report that the AU relationship is terminated.

AU account reporting and removal is not mentioned in the FCRA,

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.