Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed Item Back On My TU Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed Item Back On My TU Credit Report

Hello myFICO Community,

New member here and looking for some advice and direction on a few things regarding repairing my credit. The first being an Item that shows as being removed on my TU Credit Report yesterday. Yet when I went on my TU report today is was showing as an open collection account. Do I follow up with Transunion asking why it was back on my report a day after showing  that it was removed?

Thanks in advance for your help and direction.

ADub

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Removed Item Back On My TU Credit Report

What were the circumstances that caused the collection to have been removed?

Unless it was removed by the CRA as their result of a dispute, there are no restrictions upon its reinsertion.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Robert,

Thanks for the response. To answer your question: I filed a dispute with the CRA/Transuion! When looking are recently removed accounts, it states that it was removed on the April 8th. Yet today is back on there as an open collection accouint. Not sure what is going on! 

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Robert,

Thanks for the response. To answer your question: I filed a dispute with the CRA/Transuion! When looking are recently removed accounts, it states that it was removed on the April 8th. Yet today is back on there as an open collection accouint. Not sure what is going on! 

Accounts that are legitimate that are removed via the dispute process can be placed back on there.

Post the relevant details on the Rebuilding Your Credit forum and perhaps there's a more permanent solution available.

        
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank youRevelate, for poitning me in the right direction. But to answer, no that account is not relevant. As I took care of everything as instructed prior to moving out of the state back in 2011. It did not surface on my credit report until november of 2015. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.