Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed as authorized user score got lower

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removed as authorized user score got lower

Its amazing because if you listen to suzie orman this is a definite score increase when you take away the high balanced cards.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

650 is the magic number a lot cling to as the real start of prime, so you are close.

What's the utilization of your CCs?

Civil judgements stay for 7 years, and it's worth checking out your states statutes to determine from whence they begin counting.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approx 48% cc use
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're below the first magic util barrier. 50%. Getting under 30% should give you a further score bump.

Then there's the period of time for the geniuses at the Big Three to actually update your report. TU especially is on my "Sierra" List these days over this. They are running 1 and 2 months behind the other 2 on reporting of balances. I think it's time for me to get medieval on their behind, again.

Have you taken the FICO simulator for a test drive?

Message 14 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Funny you should say that about Transunion. I received free reports from EX and EQ in late March and noticed that a small credit card amount of $450 which I lumped into my BK was my lone negative, zero balance, included in BK, 30 days late. Nice huh? Capone. I have/had five credit cards with them and a paid up car loan. Anyway I went online late last week and finally was able to get my free TU report and low and behold the negative Cap One card was gone 7 years from inclusion in the BK. I'm almost tempted to pay for my EQ report at FICO and see if it is gone on that report as well. Sometimes they get it right.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why pay? Get it free.

You can pull all three every 12 months.

Message 16 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I got my free reports in March already. The TU report I got a month later due to problems on their website. More of a curiousity than anything else at this point.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your credit history length versus that of your mothers credit card?  If your mothers credit cards had been established for 15 years and your credit is only 5 years, then taking hers off your report will drop your score.  The average history is around 14+ years so anything less than that decreases your score.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.