Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Creditor for previous AU from Credit Report

tag
xazilizax
New Contributor

Removing Creditor for previous AU from Credit Report

Last year I added someone as an Authorized User to my Capital One card and then removed them a while later. Capital One is still showing up on their report. Is there a way for them to get it removed? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Removing Creditor for previous AU from Credit Report

Message 2 of 7
xazilizax
New Contributor

Awesome.  They'll be happy to know that.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

As a side note, I don't advocate disputing.  This is one of the few cases it is ok.

Message 4 of 7
xazilizax
New Contributor

Thanks for the note.  Will it affect their score negatively after it's been disputed?

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@xazilizax wrote:

Thanks for the note.  Will it affect their score negatively after it's been disputed?

It won't have any impact on the account holder's credit because it'll remained unchanged. It can negatively or positively impact the AU's credit because it'll disappear. YMMV on many factors.

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would contact Cap1 and inform them to discontinue the reporting to the AUs credit file, per your request, which they apparently have already agreed to.

By taking the dispute route, a pending dispute flag will be placed in the user's file, screwing up their scoring until removed, and the creditor will have to process a dispute.

If they concur that the reporting to the AUs file should have been discontinued based on termination of AU status, I am sure they would rather comply with an informal call rather than a formal dispute. 

I would only take the dispute route if informal request does not do the trick.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.