Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Inquires

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Inquires

It's 2016 my FICO peeps !!!
Is there a way to get inquires off your report ?
Just for conversation purposes, lets say the inquires are legitimate.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Removing Inquires

Contact the inquiree and request that they change the coding to one that is considered soft.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

God Bless You
All great advice !!!
I saw a website named
Inquire Busters.com
I need to Do some due diligence first.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
God Bless You
All great advice !!!
I saw a website named
Inquire Busters.com
I need to Do some due diligence first.

It's actually inquirybusters.com

(Mod Cut-Links to this site cannot be posted on myFico)

Don't know anything about them but they seem to charge a very high amount. I guess if you were app'ing for a mtg and you had too many INQ's then you might have need of a service like this but I can't think of any other reason to spend that kind of money.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If and that is a BIG IF....
It works. I would pay them double AFTER they removed my inquires. I'd even put the fees in escrow.
Message 5 of 19
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The best way is to wait, if possible, to seek new credit until the inquiries have reached a year of age.

After that, they are no longer scored by FICO.

They will remain of record in the credit report for up to two years, but would only be an factor if the creditor did a manual review and chose to consider older inquiries as a negative factor.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is my new plan thanks to you Robert.
Again I can't Thank you enough.
Message 7 of 19
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Hi, I have been blessed to have 5 inquiries removed from my credit files.  (1) I applied to a CU that was in another state.  One of their reasons for denial was that I did not reside in their area.  I explained that had their website stated that my residence be in their area, I would never have applied.  (2) There were two inquiries from this CU.  On one of their screens, it states that they pull EQ.  I stopped at this point and I called and asked that if I did not proceed with the app would the reports still be pulled.  I was told no, there would be no reports pulled.  They did pull the reports.  (3) There were 2 from the third company that I had not app'd to, and they removed these as well.  I have been the victim of ID theft twice.

So, depending on the creditor and why you were denied, if that is part of it, you can request that they remove the  inquiries.  They just might.  I wish you favor!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was not denied credit. I just wanted to remove inquires off my report. I want to someday have an 800 plus score. If you have read my comments you would have understood. My present score is 722
Message 9 of 19
dznen1
Regular Contributor

apologize.  I just wanted to let you know that I had been able to get some removed.  I meant no harm, just wanted to encourage you to ask for removal.   

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.