Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing account from report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing account from report

Hi all!  I am new to myFico and am so excited to be here!  I have been working on my credit for the last 8 months after years of damage.  I have improved my scores from the mid 500's to the mid to upper 600's.  I have relied mostly on fico postings from various creditors that I have, but today recieved my official scores from myFico.  Its time for me to get laser focused.  My first step is a thourough review of my credit reports.  I've only found a few issues that I would like some guidance in addressing:

1.  I have two incorrect addresses that are listed on my account.  How do I have them removed?

2.  I have an account that is not mine and never has been.  I belive it is connected with one of the incorrect addresses I mentioned above.  The account is MCI, which I believe is cellular.  It shows open for only a few months then closed with a CO of $800.  It looks like I have attempted to remove this in the past, but there is only a note on the report stating I dispute it. 

Any guidance on how to have these issues completely removed from my report would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing account from report

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all!  I am new to myFico and am so excited to be here!  I have been working on my credit for the last 8 months after years of damage.  I have improved my scores from the mid 500's to the mid to upper 600's.  I have relied mostly on fico postings from various creditors that I have, but today recieved my official scores from myFico.  Its time for me to get laser focused.  My first step is a thourough review of my credit reports.  I've only found a few issues that I would like some guidance in addressing:

1.  I have two incorrect addresses that are listed on my account.  How do I have them removed? I mailed in a letter to the CRAs asking that all addresses except my current be removed with it I sent copy of DL and proof of current addr (CC stmt) they were all gone within 2 weeks.

2.  I have an account that is not mine and never has been.  I belive it is connected with one of the incorrect addresses I mentioned above.  The account is MCI, which I believe is cellular.  It shows open for only a few months then closed with a CO of $800.  It looks like I have attempted to remove this in the past, but there is only a note on the report stating I dispute it.  Use the ID Theft provisions afforded you in the FCRA to get it removed its pretty quick, 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect-Yourself/td-p/2059499

Any guidance on how to have these issues completely removed from my report would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance!

Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.