Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing old credit reporting....

tag
Kenniebee
Established Member

Removing old credit reporting....

I have several account over 7 years old on my credit that are hurting my total score. How can I go about getting these accounts removed from my records? Also, I purchased a car in November and the company I bought the car from made 6 inquiries (to various banks) before getting me approved. Is there any way to get the 5 inquiries in which I was denied credit removed from my credit report, thus helping my total credit score? How can I do this? (I guess it's obvious that I'm new to trying to understand credit reports, etc.) Thanks tons!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing old credit reporting....

Hi, Kenniebee.  I'm moving your thread to the General Credit Issues forum, where you will likely receive better answers than you would in the forum where you posted it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old accounts that stay on your reports are raising your scores. If you remove them your score will drop. There is no legal way to remove the inqs for denials.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 04-15-2008 08:19 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the auto inquiries are coded as such and are within a 14-day window, they will be de-duplicated for FICO scoring purposes.  In other words, all of those auto inquiries will only count as one.

FICO understands that people shop around for the best rates when auto or mortgage shopping, so they only count those inquiries as one as long as they are coded correctly and are within a certain timeframe.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.