Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing old settled accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing old settled accounts

Help! I settled a few accounts about 2 years ago for less than the full value. They had not been reporting up until then. I decided to settle to see if I could change the status of the old account and make them go away without realizing that they would update the account. As a result of settling, the CA or CCC put the account as a CO for about a year before the settlement date. This hurt my credit. Do you know if I could contact the CA or CCC and pay an additional amount and have them do a PFD? Do I still have leverage with them since I "owe" them money even though it has been settled?
Also, I have a judgement on my account from one of the CA that was dismissed when I made the payment. I would like to get that removed. Do you know if a CA or CCC can remove a judgement from Small claims court.
On the pus side, almost all other negative items otherwise will be dropping off within 2 months to one year. That is why I am so disappointed with the ones that are hanging on.
I have all my CC's down to a zero balance. The only thing I owe is student loans, mortgage and car loans.

paramagic
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Re: Removing old settled accounts

If you offer to pay the remaining amount on a "less than full" CC account, you do have some leverage and can possibly get a PFD.

As for the judgment, if it was dismissed, actually dismissed, not just marked "satisfied" then you should be able to file "Vacate Judgment" paperwork at the Court Clerk's office and it'll get the judgment removed. Just what language has to be used in the "Vacate Judgment" courthouse form, I'm not sure but it needs to be specific to the situation. I've never seen any posting of what that language should consist off, which leads me to believe most people haven't been able to get the dismissal or don't follow thru with the vacate judgment.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing old settled accounts

I never went to court with it. The CA for the CCC was who brought the suit. When I got the subpoena I contacted the CA and settled before the court date. However, the judgement showed satisfied. I am going to look into it further to see what I can do on the court end. And I will contact the CA as well.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.