Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing "Accounts Ever 60 Days Late or Worse" from report

tag
medo
Frequent Contributor

Removing "Accounts Ever 60 Days Late or Worse" from report

Hello,

Right now my score is 679 on Experian.  I am a member of freecreditscore.com and when using the score planner and going to the advanced settings, it says 3 accounts that have ever been 60 days late or worse.  

If I change it to 1 or even 2 accounts, my score goes from 679 to 700.  725 if it is 0.

My question is, is there a way to remove these?  For all my current accounts, they have never been 60 days or late, except for one which that account will drop off my report in May.

Any advise?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing "Accounts Ever 60 Days Late or Worse" from report

GW letter campaign to the reporting creditors.

Message 2 of 6
medo
Frequent Contributor

One of the creditors is Capital One, which I have two current accounts with them (though inactive; $0 balances).  I called them and they said they cannot remove it since its part of the account history.

Will writing reach a more 'understanding' department?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

+1 GW is your ticket if youve already tried to dispute with no luck.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@medo wrote:

One of the creditors is Capital One, which I have two current accounts with them (though inactive; $0 balances).  I called them and they said they cannot remove it since its part of the account history.

Will writing reach a more 'understanding' department?

Thanks.

Gw letters should always be mailed to the CEOs office. Google can provide you the address of corporate HQ.

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@medo wrote:

My question is, is there a way to remove these?

Visit the Rebuilding subforum -- it is for such topics.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.