Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing "withdrawn" liens from CRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing "withdrawn" liens from CRA

I recently had two federal tax liens withdrawn, and went through a "rapid rescore" dispute process to have them removed from my file to close on a house.

After the rescore company completed the result was:

EQ - Shows released (but still shows)

TU - Shows paid (but still shows)

EX - Removed (expected/desired result for the the withdrawal).

Any suggestions on the best/proper way to get them removed completely from the remaining two.  My plan is to open a dispute with both and attach the withdrawal letters, but want to see if there's any particular language or other methods I should be exploring.  Would prefer to use the fastest route possible, but rapid rescore is no longer an option because underwriting process is complete for home purchase.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing "withdrawn" liens from CRA

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@inverse:

Excellent info.  Thank you.  I will follow your instructions and update with results.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

For TU, fax the letter and additional documentation to their fax number, it should be removed in less than 72 hours.

For EQ, it may take a couple of tries.  If you upload the letter and documents to EQ, you can call them in 72 hours and give them a song and dance that you are trying to get a mortgage, could they please review your documentation now.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.