Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reneg on PFD?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reneg on PFD?!?

I recently sent a PFD letter to a collections company.  In response, they sent an offer on company letterhead stating that if the account were paid that they agreed to delete all references to that account from all three bureaus.  Well, now 30 days later, my credit report shows collection paid!  What happened to the deletion that was agreed to in writing?!?  Is this how it normally goes?  Do collection agencies report it as paid and it just takes another week or so to get deleted?  The account was with Fidelity Info Corp, which I found no info about on here.  Do I call them and throw a big fit or sit back and wait?  Someone please help, I need those points!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Reneg on PFD?!?

Did you keep the letter saying they would PFD? Did you try faxing that letter to a supervisor?
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did keep it, as well as the payment receipt.  I went so far as to pay online so that I could keep the orignal settlement offer intact lol.  I will try giving them a call and faxing that if necessary.  I was just afraid to rock the boat and irritate someone whose help I still need Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

If you have the letterhead communique, then you have to right to report them to FTC. You'll to discuss this with an attorney, as they're breaking a written contract.
Message 4 of 7
future
Frequent Contributor

which ca was this
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fidelity Info Corp was the CA.  I called to ask for clarification on why I was offered deletion yet the only change posted to my report was to show the collection as paid in full.  I was informed by Ms. Snotty Pants that I was out of my mind; they would never offer that.  I told her I'd fax the agreement to her personally, but I doubt that will get me anywhere.  Guess it's about time to call my attny and throw a big fit Smiley Happy  May as well since a CA (long discharged on my Ch 7)  is sending settlement letters...  A CA removal and $1K?  Maybe it won't go so crappy after all.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this debt was in a BK    this is the latest thing that is going on.....I think that it is illegal!!!! call an attorney and ask........IF it appears on your CR....send a copy of you BK papers to all CRAs that report it.............they SHOULD delete.

Get an attorney and sue for your money to be returned and anything else that you can get. ALSO file a complaint with the FTC www.ftc.org     also with the state ag office in your state AND the state where the CA is!!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.