Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rent Reports.com

tag
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Rent Reports.com

Has anyone ever used this service? From what I've read you send them $89.95 and they verify the monthly payments you've made w/ your landlord and report them to the credit bureaus. I've been in my condo since December 2005 never been late or missed a payment so it seems like this would really raise my scores I need all the help I can get ,also I think it would help down the line when I want to get a Mortgage. What do you guys think? I've learned to ask the pros before I do anything  ever since that Citi secured card denial Smiley Sad
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rent Reports.com

Is there a cost involved? I can not see on the site who actaully pays for this service-

If it is free - I say go for it.
Message 2 of 9
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

I started the app that's the only way I found out it costs me $89.95 w/no additional fees they ask for your account info to process the app. Still think it's ok?
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

$89.95 per ?
Month , year, ever?
Message 4 of 9
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

It looks like it's $89.95 for a year but they post all payments before you were a member too so essentially I would get three years worth of history for $89.95. The two years I 've already been here plus one additional year.
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

15 unanswered complaints to the BBB - Grade = F

If you decide to go for it- make sure you use a CC with easy chargebacks-  

Proceed with caution-
Message 6 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Do some googling on them.  I see that rentreporters.com are F rated by the BBB for not answering complaints.  http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13219743

Their T&C looks like it can open up some issues (many actually, sich as you apparently sign off on your chargeback rights)  https://secure.rentreporters.com/terms_cond.php 

They offer a few plans, so it seems there is a possibility that the Basic Plan is a teaser.

Issues are bad enough when the company does answer complaints. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 7 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Timothy wrote:
15 unanswered complaints to the BBB - Grade = F

If you decide to go for it- make sure you use a CC with easy chargebacks-  

Proceed with caution-

Beat me to the punch.  Check their T&C on the chargebacks... I don't think that is even legal under the merchant contracts.

I wouldn't deal with the company personally.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 8 of 9
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Glad I asked you guys first Smiley Wink I read the complaints on BBB and they seem pretty shady so I figured I'd try to give them a call and guess what the number doesn't work! You guys are great! Seemed too good to be true anyway Smiley Sad On another note I'm going to post my credit situation on another thread any help would be great.
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.