Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rental FICO

I am about to apply for a rental property.  The landlord is using a transunion service to background/credit check me.

Which fico score is likely to be used for this inquiry?

I have score versions as low as 532 and as high as 667.

If I order a fresh 3-score report to get a grasp on the current state of affairs, will that affect my Transunion score at all?  I pulled on in February, but I'm not convinced that my current score on myfico.com actually is current.  The baseline is 3 months old, and some baddies have fallen off that I was not alerted about, and a fairly large balance update has happened recently that I have not been alerted about.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rental FICO

don't think the score matters as much as the report.. could be wrong
Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I order a fresh 3-score report to get a grasp on the current state of affairs, will that affect my Transunion score at all? 

No.

@Anonymous wrote:

I pulled on in February, but I'm not convinced that my current score on myfico.com actually is current.

If you pulled in February they're definitely not current.  Your creditors typically report about once a month but may report more often in certain situations.

Message 3 of 5
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Its usually to look at your debts and previous issues.  

(Some companies say for examble, If your overall debt is below 1500 you can apply but if its over 1500 it will be an automatic decline)

The place I just moved into was similar except it was, if your debts are over 2500 and we approve you, deposit will be 1.5x rent instead of no deposit or half rent if total debts over 5000 automatic decline)

If they use any scoring model at all, its probably some internal renter scoring model.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i don't think they care what your monthly debt is by the dollar amount. it's going to be debt to income ratio. if you have $10k in bills a month and make $30k a month, they'd be dumb not to let you live there lol.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.