Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renters credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Renters credit

After a long time of repairing credit....went from just under 500 to now sitting 700+, we've finally approved for a loan for a manufactured home and are currently waiting to hear back from the seller on our offer.

After acceptance (fingers crossed), we then will apply for the park. I was told that the seller can take up to 17 days to make their decision so the clock is killing me here lol

And the next big hurdle is the park. I have no idea how they view credit scores, or if its safe to assume if we could qualify for a loan especially in todays economy then chances are we will pass the park.

In the park's documents the only reference to credit guidelines is this, and it seems its from the FHA -

"Credit - All applicants must have a minimum of three years good credit history with Experian/TRW and Equifax credit reporting agencies. The maximum representative credit score permitted under Experian/TRW's "New National Risk Score" shall not exceed 500, with the Equifax "Delinquency Predictor Score" not exceeding 600."

Ive tried researching the two things, but no results. The papers given from the park are out-dated so... now Im on here asking if anyone has any idea. I know nothing is guaranteed or anything, but it would just help ease my mind not worrying about if my scores are good enough for the park. Is there anything in the myFico reports that show this score? Its obviously not the same score as the usual one we get.

Or does anyone know if we can find this out on our own, where to go?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Renters credit

"Credit - All applicants must have a minimum of three years good credit history with Experian/TRW and Equifax credit reporting agencies. The maximum representative credit score permitted under Experian/TRW's "New National Risk Score" shall not exceed 500, with the Equifax "Delinquency Predictor Score" not exceeding 600."

That is really nebulous!  What is three-years good credit history?  Does it mean only that you have no reported delinquencies in the last three years, or does something else make it a "good credit history," such as low credit utilization?  It sounds kinda subjective.

I have no idea what a Risk Score or a Delinquency Predictor Score is.  They appear to be opposite to credit scoring, where higher scores are better.

I dont belive they are generated by Fair Isaac, so I presume they are something routinely developed by the individual CRAs.  I have no idea how one would get access to such "scores."  Please keep us updated if they tell you where these "scores" come from.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.