Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Plan - advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Repair Plan - advice?

jenn,

thanks so much. I have been paying the student loans monthly for about the last 5 months, and they told me that they would be able to remove about $800 in fees after 8 months of steady payments. so far so good on that one.

as far as aspire, they offered me 2 things and I took them up on it. 1. they charged off my account but said if i paid them $X by a certain date that they would reverse it. I did that and got a TC alert that a new account had been added by them. waiting to see if it replaced the old one or is a duplicate and will dispute if its a dupe. 2. they got me on the zero interest plan and I'm having my payments taken automatically. i'm hoping that combining 1 and 2 will actually result in a pos TL and will help me get back on track.

Thanks again!
Message 11 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in oregon, SOL is 6 years.

not sure who you're laughing at or with on this one...
Message 12 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

was not laughing at you...was shocked response that you got .

OK 6 years....I would not touch anything that is not past SOL. Not even a dispute....you could wake a sleeping giant. Unless you are ready to pay.

Asset Accept       Target       $613.00      1-Dec-07       Ignore
y      y      y         Palisades             Verizon     $255.00      1-Dec-07       Ignore
y      y      y         LVNV Funding      Metris?      $4,069.00   1-Feb-08       Ignore
y              y        ER Solutions         DirecTV    $107.00      1-Jun-08        Ignore
y      y                Applied Bank        Cap One    $-                1-Oct-08       Ignore
y      y      y        Midland Credit       Orchard     $1,054.00  1-Oct-08        Ignore
y      y      y        Midland Credit      Orchard     $947.00       1-Oct-08       Ignore
    YES IGNORE THE ABOVE ACCOUNTS

Cascade Coll        NW Natural $76.00        1-Aug-10      DISPUTE
Cascade Coll        Valley Recyc $31.00      1-Jul-11        Dispute
        If it comes back as verify   then PFD

Allied Inter             Sprint          $187.00      dispute  and DV with strong DV letter (same time)
CBA                       DS Waters $454.00      dispute   and DV
Figi's                     Figi's           $130.00      dispute  and DV

Always dispute at the same time as DV and be sure that DV goes  CMRRR

DV LETTER

Jones Collection Agency
222 1st Street
Noplace, FL33333

Re:      Account #:                   5555555

Dear Sir or Madam:
This letter hereby notifies you that the validity of this debt is in dispute. In an attempt to validate this debt, I am requesting evidence of this debt, specifically the alleged contract or other instrument bearing my signature, as well as proof of your authority in this matter. Absent such substantiation, under federal and state law you must correct any erroneous reporting to any and all credit reporting agencies
In accordance with Section 809 of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and corresponding case law, please provide me, in writing, the following information:
  1. A copy of the alleged original contract or other instrument bearing my signature
  2. Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account
  3. Evidence of your authorization under 15 USC 1692(e) and 15 USC 1692(f) in this alleged matter
  4. Evidence that your company is registered as a consumer collection agency in the State Of ________
Additionally, until full validation is provided, all representatives of your company, or any affiliated company, must immediately cease & desist all attempts to collect the aforementioned debt. Failure of your company to comply with this request will be a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and will directly result in a complaint filed with the Federal Trade Commission and the State Of_______ Attorney General's office. Please be advised, should this request be violated, I will pursue all criminal and civil claims, including any and all punitive damages, allowable by federal and state law against your company.
Failure to respond, in writing, and in a timely manner, will serve as a waiver to any and all of your claims in this matter and that this matter is permanently closed. Please provide the requested information or correct your records and immediately request the removal of this invalid debt from all sources to which you may have reported.

For the purposes of 15 USC 1692 et seq., this Notice has the same effect as a dispute to the validity of the alleged debt and a dispute to the validity of your claims. This Notice is an attempt to correct your records, and any information received from you will be retained should further action become necessary. This is a request for information only, and is not a statement, election, or waiver of status.
I look forward to your timely response.
Best regards,

TYPE NAME....DO NOT SIGN
Message 13 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much! I was a little surprised myself, most people seem to be really nice on here.

Anyway,

A couple of questions:

1. Why is it that you do not sign a DV? I wrote one for my BF and had him sign it. It was for a fraudulent CC that his EX-GF opened and we thought it was a GOOD idea to sign it since it will help proove that it wasn't his signature that opened the account. Did I screw up big time?

2. Why do you DV and Disp at the same time?

3. If I DV and Disp the 2009 drops won't i run the risk of waking the sleeping beast?

Thanks again for helping. As you can see I really need it, and I want to make sure I do things the smart way since I don't want that mountain of collections to crash down on me. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never sign as it only takes 2 min. to copy signiture & claim that you signed the document. Only time you would sign is when sending something to a CRA.    Notice #1  of dispute letter

I thought I copied only what you were ready to pay......did I make a mistake?

A CRA can take 30-45 days to complete a dispute......Once a CA receives a DV they must validate it to you within 30 days and MUST stop all collection...including reporting.

If they continue to report without validation they are in violation!

You can pick & choice who you want to dispute and DV....  A simple dispute CAN start trouble.

For myself.....I waited until my SOL was past befor starting anything.

OK I looked back   yes  ignore everything in 09.......i just shortened list.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-11-2007 03:09 PM
Message 15 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok cool, I'm with you now. Hopefully my BF's signature doesn't cause him any trouble. I doubt it because it will be her signature on every purchase and I suspect she used a fraudulent name for herself and added as AU. She liked to change her last name to my BF's last name even though she was married to someone else. This is how I'm going to catch her. I will keep the forum posted on that particular subject, as I have posted about it before. This woman is something else...

In the meantime, I'll start drafting some letters. Should I use myfico's dispute letters to start with? They make it pretty easy to keep everything straight. Then I'll use the aggressive DV you suggested. At this point I guess it doesn't matter if they get mad or not, because they can sue me at any time right? Maybe I'll get lucky like some others here and they will just drop off. I feel a little bit more confident now, thanks for the advice. Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

you do not need letters to dispute!!!!  you can do that on line.   take your time  only dispute what you might need to pay....that way you know how much that you need to PFD.

read PM
Message 17 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding signatures ...  when you sign your name on any document, always make sure part of your signature runs on top of your printed name.  It makes it harder for someone to copy if your typed name is in the background ...  although not impossible for those sleazy CAs ...
Message 18 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's a really good idea.

I will try disputing online. I got the free reports from annualcreditreport.com so I hae report numbers I should be able to use. I'll keep you posted. Thanks all!!
Message 19 of 64
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Hippychic, i was not laughing at you! i was just shocked. we are all in the same situation and thats why we're all here, trying to fix up our credit and keep it clean. i am sowy if i hurt your feeling, please accept my apologySmiley Sad
Message 20 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.