Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting to 1 or 2 Credit Bureaus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting to 1 or 2 Credit Bureaus

Okay, so I made the jump to call a lender to see if they would drop a few lates off my record.  (Phew).  They told me they could not drop anything, have to report accurately, and would not do it.  Blah, blah, blah.  

I then read in the forum how soemone called a lender and they reported to all three bureaus after they called whereas before the call they were only reporting to two.

Most of my reports in all 3 bureaus don't show the same lates across all three boards.  If I call and ask and they look at my record and see it is not "accurate" am I at the mercy and judgement of the CSR as to wheterh he changes it for good or bad, or as soon as the call ends, is it pretty much over?

I realize this is speculation, but I'm curious as to ask if anyone has worked with Honda and if there is a risk in calling if all three bureaus aren't reporting the same lates?  Also, am I better to follow up with a letter to fully explain my situation and give myself a better chance or do I still run the same risk as the call?    

TIA,

Hank

Message Edited by hank71 on 07-09-2008 01:36 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reporting to 1 or 2 Credit Bureaus

IME- Disputing has made the account report "accurate" to all 3 CRA's even if I only disputed to 1.

Get you payment history and compare it to what is being reported.

If it might make it worse- I say save it to the end.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reporting to 1 or 2 Credit Bureaus

I know.  I hope I did not do myself an injustice.  I'll have to wait and see.

Sadly and worrying a bit,

Hank

Message Edited by hank71 on 07-09-2008 01:36 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.