Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reposession SOL and more

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reposession SOL and more

I had a reposession in April of 2005. I paid it off in April of 2006. When should I think about trying to remove if I can. Also I change states of residencey recently and I was wondering if this account stays under the Texas SOL or will it change with my move? Please any help is welcome.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reposession SOL and more

Your SOL has nothing to do with what your CR says or doesn't say. Since you paid off the debt, SOL doesn't apply. SOL only applies to whether or not you can be sued.

The CRTP for the debt is about 7 years no matter where you live. You can send a GW letter to the creditor. They might just remove the negative reference off your report. I had a repo issue too and I first disputed it with the CRAs. There was no balance due but the CRAs showed otherwise. Sure enough, 2 of the 3 deleted the repo reference. I haven't had any luck yet with the GWs, but it doesn't hurt to try. There are great GW examples in this forum.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.