Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request reconsideration for AMEX Blue?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Request reconsideration for AMEX Blue?

I am looking to buy a car next month (new) and had applied for AMEX Blue on June 7 and was denied. Credit history length, old deliquencies, debt ratio (cards maxed - just went on vacation). I applied for the travel benefits of having an AMEX - at this point - trip is done - cards will be paid off in the next couple of weeks - should I apply for reconsideration? (Which I didn't know you could do - thanks to everyone in the forums!) I would still like the card for the future. Or will that hurt my credit score which is 634 with the FICO watch? I really want the car... Should I just let the whole thing die?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Request reconsideration for AMEX Blue?

cj0203 wrote:
I am looking to buy a car next month (new) and had applied for AMEX Blue on June 7 and was denied. Credit history length, old deliquencies, debt ratio (cards maxed - just went on vacation). I applied for the travel benefits of having an AMEX - at this point - trip is done - cards will be paid off in the next couple of weeks - should I apply for reconsideration? (Which I didn't know you could do - thanks to everyone in the forums!) I would still like the card for the future. Or will that hurt my credit score which is 634 with the FICO watch? I really want the car... Should I just let the whole thing die?

I would try for the Amex Delta Gold (Skymiles)....I was denied the Blue, but approved for the Delta, HiltonHonors, and Starwoods......
Message 2 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

What is your EX score?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea. I don't want to buy my three scores/credit reports until after Chase and Capital One report in July... when I plan to purchase the car. I wish you didn't need to be rich to pull these dang things. I have the Equifax score because of the free trial from FICO. I did have the TransUnion score they sell which was 616, but I don't know how accurate that is now that I have read the forums.
Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, I ask because AMEX is pulling EX these days. Blue is not an easy card to get. As suggested, give the Delta a try.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.