Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting credit increase for Discover Card

tag
RED_Knives
Valued Member

Re: Requesting credit increase for Discover Card

Hello,

Its been a few months since we last talked. I appreciate all the help I have gotten from Fico Forums. I have almost quadrupled my credit limits since and I am doing very well. Now I noticed you have a diners club premier mastercard running you at 50k. Whats the secret? As I sit listening to jazzed hip hop sipping on some wine with a good buddy of mine we are wondering what the deal is? how can you get such a high credit limit on such a card. I haven't even ever herd of such a card? To anyone whos reading right now. Would you recommend applying for cards paying the fees(annual) just to get a higher CL? whats your take on this guys?

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 730
Goal Score: 800

Credit Cards and Credit Limits: Barclay 7250, AMEX 2000, Discover 6250, Cap OnePlat 3000, BestBuy 3000, Chase 3500, Paypal 4300, Walmart 1000, BOA 2000, Kohls 800, Target RED 500, Les Schwab 500, TOTAL 34900 OldestAc1.8 years
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 24
onstar
Established Contributor

@RED_Knives wrote:
Hello,

Its been a few months since we last talked. I appreciate all the help I have gotten from Fico Forums. I have almost quadrupled my credit limits since and I am doing very well. Now I noticed you have a diners club premier mastercard running you at 50k. Whats the secret? As I sit listening to jazzed hip hop sipping on some wine with a good buddy of mine we are wondering what the deal is? how can you get such a high credit limit on such a card. I haven't even ever herd of such a card? To anyone whos reading right now. Would you recommend applying for cards paying the fees(annual) just to get a higher CL? whats your take on this guys?

While it's great to have you back story to give a good recommendation, since the point of you bumping this rather old thread is to ask this new question, perhaps it would be better to start a new thread and reference (link) this thread. 

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine automatically increased after 3 months.  I would ask.  

Message 23 of 24
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Keep in mind that when it comes to discover CLI increases are HP within the year after that they are SP. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.