Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for using a Loan

tag
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Requirements for using a Loan

When you apply for a loan and the application says you can use the money for anything you want, why does the loan officer tell you what you have to pay off for him to approve the loan?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Requirements for using a Loan

My guess is maybe it was the only way he could qualify you for the loan.  How was your DTI?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 3
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Requirements for using a Loan

@medicgrrl wrote:

My guess is maybe it was the only way he could qualify you for the loan.  How was your DTI?

My DTI is high, I've been trying to get a loan or grant to pay down high balances. My DTI varies between 95% & 74% depending how minimun payments and income are figured. Some of my creditors give me a different minimum payment than is reported to the CRAs. Most lenders say much of my income doesn't count as income. That's another question I asked I havn't received any responses to yet. I was also told I can't have more than one open LOC at a time and qualify for a loan or LOC. I just paid off a car loan to reduce payments and my credit scores dropped an average of 25 points in each CRA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.