cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response Letter from collection Agency (NCO)for DV letter I sent.

tag
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

Response Letter from collection Agency (NCO)for DV letter I sent.

Here is the letter I received, unfortunately I paid it off with the Hospital, before I knew better. RE. XYZ Hospital Acct No. xxxxxxxxx Service Date 1-25-06 For: John Doe Balance: $0.00 This is to serve as a receipt of your payment for the settlement on the above mentioned account. According to our records this account was settled in full on 2-23-07. This receipt is only good for the above mentioned account. Any other account you may have with our offices may still be due and payable. Sincerely, We Suck Inc. What would be my best next move. Thanks in advance.

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Response Letter from collection Agency (NCO)for DV letter I sent.

That's not a validation... just a sad attempt at one.  You might want to resend one asking specifics.

If you paid OC and not CA, have you disputed this CA TL with the CRAs?  I would do that.... reason 'not mine' since you did not have any transactions with them and you owe them no money. 

What year did the original debt occur on?  If after late 2003, you have HIPAA rights.   

Dispute first, if no delete... search these boards and google for whychat HIPAA letter.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 3
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

Re: Response Letter from collection Agency (NCO)for DV letter I sent.

I have disputed this account with the CRA's then I DV'd with the CA. Since the CA did not validate the account as spelled out in my DV letter to them, do I have rights at this point to address the CRA to remove the information. If so, how would you suggest I represent myself in light of the responce letter I recieved from NCO. If not is hippa my only recource. Thanks for your remarks,

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.