Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resubmitted Collection with new DOFD To Different CRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resubmitted Collection with new DOFD To Different CRA

This seems a little fishy to me so if someone could offer some advice/info, I'd really appreciate it.

I had a medical collection on my TU report for $145. This collection was on found only on my TU report, not on Experian or Equifax. The DOFD was in 2001. It fell off of my TU report just a couple of months ago.

Suddenly, last week I got an alert from myFICO notifying me of a new collection on my Equifax report. After looking into it, it turns out it's this same $145 medical bill with a new DOFD date attached - January 2007 - and turned into Equifax instead of TU through a new different CA than they did the first time when it was showing on the TU report.

This can't be an allowed practice, can it? And how should I follow up to get this straightened out?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Resubmitted Collection with new DOFD To Different CRA

@Anonymous wrote:
This seems a little fishy to me so if someone could offer some advice/info, I'd really appreciate it.
I had a medical collection on my TU report for $145. This collection was on found only on my TU report, not on Experian or Equifax. The DOFD was in 2001. It fell off of my TU report just a couple of months ago.
Suddenly, last week I got an alert from myFICO notifying me of a new collection on my Equifax report. After looking into it, it turns out it's this same $145 medical bill with a new DOFD date attached - January 2007 - and turned into Equifax instead of TU through a new different CA than they did the first time when it was showing on the TU report.
This can't be an allowed practice, can it? And how should I follow up to get this straightened out?

Oh there are a lot of fishy things happening with all this CAs reporting to CRAs, I guess other people will just tell you to dispute it as being ACCOUNT TOO OLD?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

smgpugfaw wrote:

Suddenly, last week I got an alert from myFICO notifying me of a new collection on my Equifax report. After looking into it, it turns out it's this same $145 medical bill with a new DOFD date attached - January 2007 - and turned into Equifax instead of TU through a new different CA than they did the first time when it was showing on the TU report.

Do you have a copy of your TU CR showing the DOFD?

Does it say January 2007 in DOFD or in DOLA, Date Open, Status Date?

If they have changed DOFD to January 2007, that is called re-aging. It is illegal.

Read about it-

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the month of DOFD   make sure that you keep old report with that date. One CRA will not accept any info from another CRA.......but it will give you something to refer back to.

If not a hospital bill   are you past SOL?   sounds stupid but some states have long SOL.

If past SOL  send them a DV  CMRRR

Also copy your report and mail it to complaints at the FTC  Let them see the re-aging BUT be sure it is the DOFD re-aged and not just the open date or report date.

If it the 2007 shows under  open date   then that is the date that this new CA bought the account or was assigned.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.